Friday, January 7, 2011

Snowing..........again..........

Ah wonderful snow, how I love you...until I want to come down off my mountain, then you get in the way. But snow is good. It is a whole lot prettier than rain, and you can play in it, sled in it, eat it, make angels out of it. It is so awesome....

Snow also gives me a chance to slow down, and forget about life outside of my home. After spending my whole Christmas snowed in with the family, I've decided that my family is probably the best thing that could have happened to me. In no other environment am so known or so loved or so teased. These people that make up my family make my up my life. And while some of the worst slander comes from those who are closest to you, so do the best laughs.

Family extends beyond the word "relative" or "relation" but rather it is group of people who may have no blood "relation" at all. For instance, in Ice Age--yeah you know you love that movie-- Sid the Sloth, Manny the  Woolly Mammoth and Diago the Saber tooth tiger, have no "relation" whatsoever. But by the end of the movie we see a family, full of care, teasing and laughs. Now as silly as this example maybe, it does not take away from the fact that we should not limit our families to "relations"  but instead look beyond blood lines....Look heavenward.

God has a perfect family waiting for us. A family so closely knit by Him that it will be an eternal joy to be with them forever. Yeah that's awesome. So stick to your church, your relationships within the church and the Body of Christ are eternal.

I don't know about any family but my own, and I do know that some families are not close at all...but what I do know is that even the most ideal earthly family cannot compare to the family we will have in Heaven someday and that is an exciting thing. a very exciting thing indeed.

No comments: