Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Brainwashed

Today I am visiting The University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill. It is a really pretty place with a lot of pretty people. The youths walk to and fro to their classes seeking a superior knowledge of the university. Ok maybe not..... But anyways as I was touring the campus with my brother and his girlfriend we were stopped by a girl that was publicizing a movement against organized religions, mainly Christianity. She had this board that people were signing with all their thoughts on "religion" one of my favorite quotes from there was "I have my own morals that are not based on the Bible and they are good enough for me." Hmmm really? What are they? Another thing is what's wrong with "organized" religion? Well these people might think I'm crazy but organized religion is better than unorganized  religion. My thinking is that chaos is a device of the Devil used to discombobulate us, read Lord of the Flies and you can see why it is good that God gave us structure in the Church as well as in Christianity. I'm mean we would really are like those boys on that island without any "grown ups" without God. Whether people realize it or not God is in control and if he wasn't our sinful nature would not be restrained and the result would be utter chaos. Does that make sense? It does to me.
                Living by our own set of morals just doesn't work because we are human, we have a sinful nature that consumes us and as a result we cannot do "good" without the Holy Spirit. But really any good that we do is not even close to the good that God does and is. That's why Jesus died. So we wouldn't have to live up to the impossible standards set by God. Only a misled fools can believe that they're set of morals is indeed good. You might say this is narrow minded but I have been brainwashed to believe that it is the right. From an early age I have been taught Christianity and been indoctrinated in that thinking and taught that everything else is wrong and that there is only one way to Heaven etc etc. but I don't think I was brainwashed. Of course maybe I've been brainwashed so well that I'm beyond coming to my own thinking. Hmmm I don't think so.
               Anyway that's my shpeel (?) of the day hope it wasn't too confusing. And no I didn't edit it sorry I'm lazy and pressed for time

No comments: