Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lady GaGa?

Today as I was reading and one of Lady GaGa's infectious dance songs pops into my head (I don't know why but songs just pop into my head without warning). You know the one Telephone. Anyway catchy song, and having it stuck in my head wanted to listen to it. So I Googled it. NOT SMART!!! DO NOT DO IT!!...Anyway what my search found was a horribly risque and utterly disturbing music video. I could not watch the whole video it as it was just plain awful and as the disgusting video played I thought how this insane woman has millions of fans world wide that accept her creepy outfits and immorality merely because her songs are catchy and fun to listen to. But I can't help but think is it such a wise thing to support this psycho woman? Of course singing her songs aren't directly supporting her, but they are endorsing her if that makes sense. You see I think that we in America make much of people who don't deserve such fame. At one time in America's history Lady GaGa would be considered a witch and be drowned or burned alive or at least be shunned. Now she is okay and her "creativity" is praised by many in the entertainment industry.. But really, in all seriousness the woman needs help not encouragement of her disturbing ways.
                 Lady GaGa isn't the only superstar who leads a horrible and immoral lifestyle courtesy of her fans, in truth most secular artist lead lifestyles that are just down right shamefully disgusting, but yet their fans love them for their music and thus do not care how they live. We have put entertainment above morals, choosing to support immoral lifestyles for the sake of our own entertainment. I am guilty of giving in to this entertainers and letting them have my money in return for a catchy tune. I just can't help but wonder is it so horrible that I have played into the hands of these entertainers and paid them to make these immoral and meaningless songs? I am beginning to think it is not a good thing to do.
                   The question I will leave you and myself with is should we pay these immoral entertainers and just say "I just like the song not the person." and leave it at that. What do you think? Is this acceptable and Christ-like? Or should would be wary of the entertainment we listen to or watch keeping a careful eye on what we fill our minds with? Its a tough question since we live in such a twisted and crooked generation.
                                                                                                                                     -JoJo
Shout out to my Big Brother Caleb! Thanks for being my friend!

No comments: